How do trees help animals live?
Trees offer the following to animals:
- Food (berries, bugs, leaves, nuts, and sometimes roots).
- Shelter (from rain and wind, mostly, but inside tree for smaller animals and fallen trees for beavers).
- Sun protection for animals or plants they eat.
- Escape from predators to climb up the tree for safety.
- Travel route for trees with vines or for animals that can jump from tree to tree. Also across rivers and streams if fallen across.
- Oxygen production converting CO2 into oxygen.
- A place to live at.
- Trees let birds nest and play there.
- Trees also provide bark for house building for weasel and other creatures.
answered 1 year ago